Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Sunday

I picked Sean up last night after the conference. He and I hit the grocery store to get a few items for the weekend and headed home. We finished off the night by watching Georgia Rule. This is a strange movie - good, but strange....

I'm skipping church this morning. It is anniversary Sunday so they are having a breakfast at the church followed by singing from the Sounds of Liberty and right now I just can't stomach anything that has to do with Liberty University. I may be wrong, but I just really have problems with the school. Most likely misdirected anger or frustration.....for now it's just better to avoid anything remotely connected with it.

Once Sean wakes up for the day - I'm finally going to get my laundry done. I surely do hate having to do laundry across the street. June is going to be a relief when I move into the apartment with a washer & dryer. Laundry at the ready and no need to chase down rolls and rolls of quarters everytime I want to wash something. It will also give me a guest room for Sean as well. Another positive change.

After Walter got home this afternoon we took a brief journey out to Chipolte's for lunch. Then back home for lunch - we watched some odd movie that Walter had that was big on spoofing sports movies. Sean and I came back to the apartment and gathered up my laundry and have got it over at the laundry "processing". I've got to get back in about 10 minutes to change it over to the dryer. Sean has been playing some computer game.

Walter, Sean and I are going to watch the Super Bowl together. We have some snacks and I have put on the crockpot full of beef with vegetable for dinner. They will probably eat some of it between the commercials.
The contents of the crockpot will just have to wait until tomorrow....the boys decided that we need to have pizza with the game. And what a game it was to watch. The New York Giants really did pull off an amazing upset. Danielle is surely going to get some ribbing from Walter over this. I know that she was rooting for the New England Patriots. Perhaps next year they will be able to do it again. You never know.
Just as soon as House comes on, I'm pushing the record button and am hoping in the bed. There is another busy week ahead.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:
Answered Prayer

During the minister's prayer, one Sunday, there was a loud whistle from one of the back pews. Gary's mother was horrified. She pinched him into silence and, after church, asked, "Gary, whatever made you do such a thing?"

Gary answered, soberly, "I asked God to teach me to whistle. and He just then did!"

No comments: