Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday

I spent most of the day yesterday, in bed. Trying to get over whatever this nasty bug was that I had caught. Today has been progressively better. I'll be getting back to work tomorrow.

I wish I hadn't been feeling bad otherwise I would have really been able to enjoy the lovely weather that we've had for the past two days.

I looked out at the therometer this afternoon around 4:30 and it read 80-degrees. How's that for a winter's day in February?! Definitely hard to believe. For a few minutes there I thought that I had time warped back to 1985 and to Southern California.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Power of Advertising

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.

The man at the counter asked the older boy, "Son, how old are you?"

"Eight," the boy replied.

The man continued, "Do you know what these are used for?"

The boy replied, "Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four. We saw on TV that if you use these you would be able to swim and ride a bike. Right now, he can't do either one."

Mom's Phone

Because my mother had a habit of losing her cordless phone, I bought her a phone with a clip on it so she could attach it directly to her belt. A few days later, I walked into my mother's home and found her standing in the middle of the living room, halfway dressed. That didn't strike me as odd so much as the fact that she was holding her pants to the side of her head and speaking into them.

"Don't look at me that way," she yelled. "The phone started ringing and I couldn't figure out how to undo this stupid clip!"

Toilet Theft

Police in New Zealand were mystified by the apparent theft of a complete toilet bowl from a police station in Auckland.

When a local news reporter asked the police sergeant if they had any leads, he replied, "At present we have nothing to go on."

No comments: