Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday

After being teased with the description of the wonderful weather south of here, we had just the tiniest glimpse at the coming Spring today. It was a plesant 63-degrees. Fabulous.

Walter came by the office at lunch time and took me out to Panera for lunch. It was nice to get out of the office for a short while.

This evening we moved into some really unpleasant chores, cleaning out his vehicle from his trip this week and doing his taxes (YUCK). Mr. Grumpy was present for the whole process. But a whipped up batch of cookies have improved his disposition.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Ghetto Spelling Bee

Tyreal came home from school disappointed. "I hate English, dem teachers are always changing stuff".

Mother: "Tyreal, have you been using bad words and writing dirty notes again?"

Tyreal: "Naw, momma, I sware I didn't. I used all of my spelling words in a sentence like the teacher say, but the teacher, she gave me an "F".

  1. HOTEL - My Momma said that she ain' gon tell her friend Shaqueta nothing else, cause that HOTEL everthang she know.
  2. HONOR ROLL - We was playing bidwiz on the stoop the other day and man, I was HONORROLL.
  3. PLANET - Leroy got arrested cause he got him some seed to grow weed, and he PLANET in the backyard.
  4. DISMAY - I went for a blood test, the doctor pulled out a needle and said DISMAY hurt a little.
  5. OMELETTE - I should punch you for what you jes said but OMELETTE it go dis time.
  6. STAIRWAY - Getting high is stupid. It makes you STAIRWAY into space.
  7. MOBILE - I went to buy some food, I was short on cash, and my man said gimme one MOBILE.
  8. DEFENSE - I saw this dude running from the! cops, but he hopped DEFENSE and got away.
  9. AFRO - I got so mad at my girl, AFRO a lamp at her.
  10. AFTERMATH - I don't feel like being at school today so AFTERMATH , I'm out.
  11. LOCKET - I slam the door so hard, I LOCKET.
  12. DOMINEERING - My girl's birthday was yesterday, so I got her a DOMINEERING.
  13. KENYA - I needed money for the subway, so I axe a stranger KENYA spare some change.
  14. DERANGE - DERANGE is where da deer and da antelope play.
  15. DATA - At my basketball game, I scored thirty points My coach say DATA boy.
  16. BEWARE - I asked the man at the unemployment office, "Is dis BEWARE I can get a job?"
  17. DIMENSION - I be tall, dark, handsome and not DIMENSION smart.
  18. COATROOM - The judge said, "One more outburst, you'll be thrown out de COATROOM ."
  19. DECIDE - My boy fronting' like he love his girl but eribody know he got a couple of chicks on DECIDE.
  20. FASCINATE - Her dress got 10 buttons, but she so big she can't FASCINATE .

No comments: