Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday

I have had a very nice Sunday - quite relaxing. I've been working on my Italian. I made it through unit one. If I pace myself right I should have my entire level one completed by mid-May, and level two well before I leave for my trip in September. I might even make it part way through level three as well.

I woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of birds singing in the trees outside of the window. If the temperature wasn't exactly spring-like at least the sounds of Spring are in the air today. I've even been enjoying the sounds of the fountain that Tim & Elda gave me for Christmas this year. Very soothing.

I grabbed the camera up this afternoon and snapped several photos of the Robins out in the field behind the apartment. These are three different birds. I was pleased that the zoom on the camera was able to bring them in this close.

I was going to harrass Walter this afternoon, but he has disappeared. I be he is off visiting with Patrick this afternoon. I'm glad to see that he at least getting out to talk with someone other than me.

I checked the potted peony on the patio and much to my surprise they've alreaady popped their heads out of the ground. It won't be long before the whole patio starts to green up. No leaves on the dogwood yet, but the branches are pilable, so it survived the winter.

I'm heading out to do laundry this evening. I just keep putting if off. It is that darn trip across the street that is the kicker. June can't come quick enough when comes to doing laundry - at least then I'll have a washer & dryer in the apartment. No more going out.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

URGENT! government health warning:

DO NOT SWALLOW CHEWING GUM . . .

No comments: