Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday

The wind has been really kicking up. It has almost been like being at the beach when a storm is coming in. Definitely not of tropical storm or hurricane magnitude, just an everyday thunderstorm. So far, no rain or even a hint of any, but according to the illustrious weather casters it is on the way (at least it was last night - I just check the new forecast - and it is lovely weather for the rest of the week).

I have heard various and sundry things falling and crashing down in the woods. I'm sure that there will be a large quantity of debris all over the place when I head out.

I only got settled down last night after having battened down the hatches. I was a little slow though. The wind caught the screen door on the porch and and ripped it right off the hinges. It even splintered the area around teh hinges. I see repairs in the near future.

Carla climbed up on the bed with me to settle in for the night. The winds through the night must have stayed calm, because this morning she was sleeping soundly in the wing chair. I was half expecting to find her being "Miss Chicken" shaking under the bed if there had been a storm. She is just so funny that way.

Well at the temperature did drop so it isn't quite as warm as it was yesterday morning. I do hope that it doesn't climb all the way back up to 80 again today. It would be nice to ease into summer weather, and have an actual spring.

I do hope that Danielle had a wonderful birthday today. I thought about her on several occasions during the day. I do however, hope that she knows that I love her and wish the best for her.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

My Daddy Is A Dancer

One day last week, a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up: Fireman, Mechanic, Businessman, Salesman, Doctor........

However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied,"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some math problems and then took little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic National Committee and is helping to get Hillary Clinton elected as our next President, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids.

No comments: