Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday

Another week is off and running, always so much to do and never seeming enough time to get it done. The stress level is beginning to get a little on the high side. I'm attempting to just leave it at the door when I start for home, but that is proving a bit easier said than done.

We had an interesting surprise this evening when we got home, there was some stuff in the hallway floor. Looks like someone came in and messed around with the cooling system, but we're really not sure. The maintenance records say that a carpenter was in today, but I've not a clue as to what they did.

Walter is going to the orthopedic in the morning for a second opinion. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all citizens.” — Thomas Jefferson

The Art Thief--It's a Groaner!

A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre.

After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings, and made it safely to his van.

However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, 'Monsieur, that is the reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.'

See if you have De Gaulle not to at least smile & not groan...

I sent it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse.

No comments: