Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday

Here we go working on finding the furniture underneath all the boxes. I've put a dent into the pile this morning. Things are beginning to come together. Hopefully it won't take long to get a full blown path through the apartment. As soon as I get the old scrapbooks out of the living room, I can get the computer desk put together and the dining room table cleared off.

Walter is going to be hooking up all the remaining electronics shortly. We're going to see if we can't get the living room computer set up as a printing hub. It will nice to be able to print at anytime without worrying about needing to hook up the printer to the laptop.

I've managed to get about half of the boxes emptied and at least put in the proper rooms where the contents is going to finally reside.

I had a great evening - I went out for a ride on a motorcycle. First time ever! We rode all the way to the Red Barn and Powhatan. What a great way to break up the moving monotony. It was a very fun adventure. It was amazing the way that you could feel the temperature change the further we got away from town. It was a dramatic difference. I'm glad that I took the ATV course with Walter a few years ago.

When I got back this evening I started to get to work on the laundry only to find out that the washer doesn't work. Grrrr.... The maintenance department says they will have the washer & dryer checked out tomorrow, and while they are at it they are going to check the freon (or whatever it is now) in the air conditioner unit.

Well the rain has finally hit us. It is really pouring down. I'm glad that we got the ride in earlier today. I'm sure that we'd have looked like drowned rats if we'd been out this evening.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

40 Detroiters

Saint Peter was manning the Pearly Gates when forty people from Detroit showed up.

Never having seen anyone from Detroit at heaven's door, Saint Peter said he would have to check with God.

After hearing the news, God instructed him to admit the ten most virtuous people from the group.

A few minutes later, Saint Peter returned to God breathless and said, "They're gone!"

"What? All of the Detroiters are gone?" asked God.

"No!" replied Saint Peter. "The Pearly Gates!"

No comments: