Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday

The day has been rather uneventful. I did get to sleep in late this morning. After which I spent the remaining portion of the morning cleaning up the kitchen and doing laundry. Walt & I watched a couple of movies to round out the early afternoon.

While I was out with Carla this afternoon, I took the camera with me. I caught this little bird in the birch tree just outside our apartment. It was totally by chance that I actually got it in the frame. The sun was at my back and I wasn't able to see the bird in the camera display.

This evening he headed off to a picnic with Patrick. I've hung out here at home. Just before 8:30 p.m. the wind kicked up and the skies opened up and poured out a deluge on us. Then the thunder started. Carla, of course, has curled up right next to me. The chicken. Hope Walter was inside and is staying dry.

The storm is progressing along. The thunder is rattling the sliding door windows; and the lightning is still producing a spectacular light show. Well on the bright side - the plants are getting a good watering.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

ORDERING A PIZZA IN 2010 ...

A little exaggerated, but not all that far-fetched given the powers of technology and information access.

Want to know how to order a pizza in 2010? Click the link below.

http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

No comments: