Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday

Our initial day was long....I ended up being involved with the various sessions until around 10:30 p.m.

On the way out of the hotel I was surprised to see a group of Confederate soldiers at the corner of 11th & Cary Streets. It seemed as if they had stepped out of the past - the funny thing was that they looked right at home here in the former capital of the Confederacy. The first couple of shots look like they are murky images from the past, once they crossed over to where I was I was able to get a clearer image. After speaking with them, I found out that they were in town to celebrate the anniversary of Jefferson Davis' birthday. I figure that they must be members of the Sons of Confederacy.




Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Why We Have $4.00 a Gallon Gas

No comments: