Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday

I took a couple of shots of the table this morning. I wasn't able to get a whole over all view but here is what I did get. I'm really pleased with the outcome. It gives the kitchen area a whole new look, and still even coordinates with the everything else in the house. YEAH!

The border is based on some tile work that I saw when I was out with Mom & Barbara at the Olive Garden. I even pulled some of the colors from the decks table and a few other things that were handy. So it comes out as a beachy/Tuscan look.

I visited with Alice for a couple of hours around mid-day. We were discussing Photoshop projects and redesigning a few thngs. Cassie & Alice showed me a game that Cassie had "developed". It is based on a book that she read for a book report. It is an excellent game and they hare working on putting it all together. Mum's the word on the details until they have it finished. But the early review is FANTASTIC!

While I was there Terry got up into my lap and went to sleep. He is so sweet when he is sleeping. We had fun sampling the scones that Alice experimented in making. They were pretty good for a first try, especially since she was shooting for them to have the Panera's scone taste. Just a bit more work and they will be there.

I also saw several remarkable bird shots - I wish I had had my camera out and ready, but I didn't. There was a male Blue Jay that was sitting on the deck rail on the front porch right next to the red berries of a dogwood tree. Then there was a female Cardinal eating berries off the dogwood and a brilliantly red male Cardinal sitting in the same tree. Awesome!

Dean has done a fantastic job today of mowing and trimming the yard. It is excellent. He has put Sean to work the plugging done in the front yard. As Sean "finished" up the plugging, Dean was starting with the sowing of the grass seed. The yard has been watered, but we may be having some rain this afternoon and that would be excellent.

Sean he has also spent some time entertaining Alex, it was very nice of him to do so. I even think that they had a great time. Later on this evening he pulled out his pocket rocket and has taken it for a short spin. Time for him to get out and about.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Looks good on-line, I will drop by the first of the week and get a really good look.