Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday

The nip is getting a wee bit stronger in the air, the temperature this morning was 53-degrees. A nice drop from yesterday. Although it is suppose to warm to the high 70's today, Fall has truly taken hold. I've noticed that the dogwood is beginning to turn in preparation for losing it's foliage, as are several others. In no time at all we'll all be out raking leaves and having lots of hot chocolate.

I've gotten a few minor chores done this morning in the car. Just a few touches to make the drive a bit more comfortable. I was able to even get Carla's nails trimmed by myself this morning. Oh boy, did she complain, whine, and generally object to the whole thing. But I won! and they are much shorter now.

Alice has loaned me a few audio books to listen to at my leisure:
  • Take Time for Your Life, Cheryl Richardson
  • Stand Up for Your Life, Cheryl Richardson; and
  • Finding Your Passion, Cheryl Richardson.
It will be a lot of listening - I think that there are about 10-11 hours of audio.

Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought of the Day: “Nothing is so insufferable to man as to be completely at rest, without passions, without business, without diversion, without study. He then feels his nothingness, his forlornness, his insufficiency, his dependence, his weakness, his emptiness. There will immediately rise from the depth of his heart weariness, gloom, sadness, fretfulness, vexation, despair.” — Blaise Pascal

No comments: