Saturday, September 16, 2006

Celebrating My 43rd!

These are the e-cards that I received to help me celebrate my day!


Seems like it was only a short time ago that Dad slept in the waiting room while I was in delivery. Time has a way of slipping by so quick. Not only do you have grown children but are now a grandmother yourself. I love you very much. -- Mom



Love, Aunt Barbara

News & Such from the Day:

I received a lovely card from Dean with a promisory note for tickets to the Highland Games & Celtic Festival. Tickets aren't available until late September, early October so we'll get them at that time.

Louise sent a really humorous card with a sunflower and ladybug on the front. The sunflower on the front reminded her of the painting that I previously done for her and of course the ladybugs reminds her of her ladybug socks.

Alice, did my thing this morning, she caught me and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was quite different to be on the receiving end vs. the sending end.

I had Tweat out of her cage for a period of time around mid-day. She was perched on a branch that I had found out in the yard. In the top photo she looks like she is all stretched out and ready to take flight. Which I'm sure she would have done if her wings weren't clipped. In the other she is just looking pretty sitting there.

This afternoon while Dean was out mowing the yard, using the weed eater, and cleaning up the clippings. Dean even got up all the sticks that I had raked up into piles. {Thanks for taking care of those two little piles!}

I popped outside and transplanted a couple of purple flowers from beside the driveway to the back flower bed, and raked up some of the sticks that had fell over the past couple of storms. I discovered this new fungus hiding behind the birdfeeder area. It had a few friends, but this particular one was the most photogenic. It is really neat looking.

We had the guy that Debbie uses for miscellaneous yard work come over this afternoon and haul off all the wood from the destruction of the tree fort. It looks so much better in the back yard now that it is gone.

I'm spending the evening watching the "Fantastic Four" on television.

Sean just surprised me with a copy of Under the Tuscan Sun, by Frances Mayes for my birthday. It is going to be great reading in the evenings. I just love her books. It is a great surprise.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Sounds like your day turned out pretty good. Glad you received 'Under the Tuscan Sun' ... HAPPY READING