Saturday, September 2, 2006

Project Clean Up

Welcome to the day after Ernesto. We have lots of leaves, sticks and twigs to get up out of the yard, plus that tree. Generally it is a mess, with the exception of the shed we had no other damage. The temperatures have dipped into the 60's bringing in wonderful football weather temperatures, makes me want to put on a windbreaker but if I did it wouldn't last long enough to be worth the effort. The grand project I am going to undertake today is clearing off the deck. At least we will be able to walk out of the house without carrying all the debris back inside.

I have a nice pot of soup in the crockpot all ready for the family to eat as they so desire during the day. So there shouldn't be any grumbling about being hungry and nothing ready to eat. I took inspiration last night in Danielle's portraits and came up with this desktop for her. I have sent it along to her and hope that she enjoys it.

Dean has been out and cut up the tree that fell into the yard and has neatly stacked it back next to the tree stump from whence it came, that would be the neighbor's yard. At least it is something that we don't have to have hauled off and removed.
Louise reports that she received over 7-inches of rain at her house before her rain gauge began running over between emptyings

I'm going to slip on my sneakers and check the yard for any further mishaps that we didn't find in our initial excursions during the storm.

No comments: