Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Playing Hookie

I've spent the day playing hookie from home. This morning, after dropping Sean off at school, I ventured out to spend the morning drinking coffee and talking with Mom & Dad.

For lunch, I took Mom and we met up with Marion at Olive Garden for a long lunch and a time to catch up on all the things that we haven't been able to talk about all summer. This is our waiter, Brett. He was excellent and posed in front of the dining area that we were admiring.

It was a nice day out - I didn't even get wet once. To my surprise I was quite the popular person while I was out, there were only 6 phone messages! Considering that I usually have zero, it is truly amazing.

Sean's first day back at school seems to have gone well. He's been out with the neighborhood kids since he's been home. So shortly he is going to hit his history book for the page of homework that he has and that way he'll be all done with it before dinner.

From today's e-mail:

It is important for ALL faiths to recognize these Four Great Religious Truths........

The 4 Great Truths:
  1. Muslims do not recognize the Jews as God's chosen people.
  2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
  3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian World.
  4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters

No comments: