Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday

I'm heading off to see Miss Faith after Sean gets off to school. I'm looking forward to an excellent visit with the little Princess. Sean and I got off to a late start this morning. I fell back asleep after Dean left for work and thank goodness that Alice called or we both would have slept the day away. Amazingly enough we were able to get Sean to school on time. Amen.

Miss Faith and I had a terrific time visiting with one another. She was in such a good humor the whole time that I was there.

We spent the first part of the morning playing in the den with her toys. She has her special toys that she particularly likes to play with. Her kitty in particular - she likes to bite its nose.

Then she was playing around with her little lion. I know that she will feel so much better when her teeth finally come in. Perhaps she'll be able to have some toy that is not designed to fit into her mouth to help cut teeth. She does have some Veggie Tale characters and the asparagus makes a particularly appropriate teething toy.

I caught her trying to pull her socks off. Just like her mommy, bare feet are best. But her socks were really sweet - they had the word dancer written on the bottom with little gripper type that will help her when she is trying to walk around.

After a quick change she was laying down on her blanket looking quite innocent and content. You can see her little Veggie Tale peas in the foreground.

The "toy" that she is playing with in the last two shots is the wrist strap from my camera. She was intrigued by the little ring, which slid up and down the strap. She was working so hard to try to take the ring off.

We watched Grammy Leslie making applesauce for a few minutes before making the round of mirrors. Faith likes to visit with the little girl in the mirror.


Once we found her swing I put her in for a short ride. She had a lot of fun playing with the toys that are afixed to the tray area that serves as a retaining arm. Getting her into the swing was easy, getting her out was another thing all together. There must be a real trick to unlocking the retaining arm. There was a moment there that I thought that she might be staying in there a bit longer than we had wanted. All I know is that thing was a doosie trying to get her out.

Our next stop was the walker. She busily showed me how that she was able to walk around in it. She was also, of course interested in the toys that are attached to tray. One hangs down and in order for her to play with it she has to pull it up - she smart and pulled that one up right away.

We spent some more time in the den playing around and I was able to get the photos of her raising her hand. It appears that she is asking if we can go outside.

She was getting tired so we took a walk around the neighborhood to wake her up somewhat, it had the opposite effect. We hurried home to feed her lunch before she slipped off to sleep.

I fed her lunch. She sure is an eater. Very neat though. She ate what seemed to be a jar and a half of food. She is very eager to eat, but when she is through she will just give the spoon an inquisitive look and won't open her mouth any more.

After lunch we walked around outside for a little bit longer, just to keep her awake her up until her Mommy got home from school. We walked out to my car to see what it looked like and watched one of the neighbors walking his dogs. The dogs seemed to fascinate her.

This photo of Faith with her nose all curled up, reminds me so much of the way that Danielle does it herself. It is a quirky little thing that they both share, and it is relly sweet.

Once Danielle arrived home from school. She showed me the burn on her thumb. Ouch! The blister on it gives her thumb the appearance of being twice its normal size. I didn't see her index finger but it looke the same way. After Danielle got settled in from coming home, I hugged them both and she & Faith slipped off for an afternoon nap.

Sean had a good day at school today. After dinner this evening all of us went over to Regency Square to do some clothes shopping for Sean. He was in need of a few items for school. We were able to find everything at J.C.Penney and on sale too. Not many times that you can do that.

I looked around the mall at at few things, but there weren't any clothes that were worth looking at. They were just plain ugly! I did have one moment at William Sonoma looking at new cookware and fun kitchen things, but those are real dreams. Shopping in there is just not in my budget - one copper pot I just think is a beautiful work of art was only "$320". So much for my shopping, I'm glad that Sean found a few outfits that will satisfy him and I both - they show a compromise on both of our parts.

No comments: