Sunday, September 24, 2006

Stupid Move Sunday

I had a big surprise this morning - Walter arrived early to attend Sunday school & church with me. We had a great Sunday school lesson, and Dr. Fowler delivered an excellent sermon afterwards.

He had a couple of great quotes: Failure is not fatal; and Collapse is not relapse.

We missed seeing Danielle & family at church, I hope that everyone is well.

As for the "Stupid Move" of the day, I hopped out into Walter's car to move it so that Dean could get his car out. Here in lay the problem! I didn't swing my left foot far enough into the car before shutting the door and ended up closing my little toe in the door. The door totally shut! I am in a great bit of pain needless to say, but it looks like my little toe will survive to walk another day.

Dean pick up some great Chinese for lunch. Which of course, left us with some interesting fortunes:
  • A golden egg of opportunity falls into your lap this month.
  • Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far. (How appropriate for the day!)
The crypt myrtle final has blossomed. I didn't think it would this year since we transplanted in the late spring. It is a nice surprise, especially since we had no idea of what color I was getting. Alice has checked the trees along her back fence and found that every other tree is pink and white (so now we know where to look for a pink one).

Newslettering Gleanings:

Thought for the day: "You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself." -H. Norman Schwarzkopf

    Encouraging Others

    When you know someone who needs a some encouraging support you can try giving them something as simple as:
    • A hug
    • A thank you
    • A listening ear
    • A good cup of tea
    • An encouraging word
    • A reminder that the stress will end
    • An acknowledgement of their hard work

    No comments: