Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday

Another fabulous morning to awaken to with a slight chill in the air. Lovely, lovely weather. That was until I walked downstairs for the second time this morning, in between the lovely fresh air had been replaced with the wafting scent of skunk! Phew! A couple of sprits of air freshener did help at the windows to repell the invading scent. Someone nearby must have frightened one.

Dean got off very early this morning for his meetings. I just hope he doesn't end up staying as late as he had to last night. It will just end up making him grumpy in the long haul.

The guys from Slurry Paving came back today to clean up the mess - Ha ha ha - I believe that they almost made as big a mess as they did the first time. It took 12 men and 3 vehicles to make more of a mess than there was before. As they were "cleaning the slurry mix off the concrete", using a power washer no less, they were riddling the house and car with rocks. They were pinging off the front door and the whole yard is littered with the mess. There are even rocks on my car in the driveway. Another neighbor used a push broom to sweep his drive and had a large dustpan full of the pellet sized rocks.

Sean came home on the bus this afternoon. He and Jasmine, spent part of the afternoon working on a paper for their English class. It was good to see him putting forth the effort to write the paper.

We are getting some drizzly rain here this afternoon. Not hard enough to force us to close the windows - a nice light rain.

From the Email Bag:

A Final Diagnosis

Thought I'd let my doctor check me, 'Cause I didn't feel quite right. . .
All those aches and pains annoyed me and I couldn't sleep at night.

He could find no real disorder but he wouldn't let it rest.
What with Medicare and Blue Cross, we would do a couple tests.

To the hospital he sent me though I didn't feel that bad.
He arranged for them to give me every test that could be had.

I was fluoroscoped and cystoscoped, my aging frame displayed.
Stripped, on an ice cold table, while my gizzards were x-rayed.

I was checked for worms and parasites, for fungus and the crud,
While they pierced me with long needles taking samples of my blood.

Doctors came to check me over, probed and pushed and poked around,
And to make sure I was living they then wired me for sound.

They have finally concluded, their results have filled a page.
What I have will someday kill me; my affliction is old age.

From the Poetic Princess website

No comments: