Monday, October 5, 2009

Quite Sunday

I did something on Sunday that I haven't done in ages! I curled up with a book and read for virtually the entire day.

I picked up The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown while at Ukrops on Friday night. I know, only I could go into a grocery store and come out with a book. Alice might give me a run my money on this one, but nonetheless.

The weather Sunday morning just beckoned me to come out and sit on the porch with a steaming cup of coffee and a book, thus began the day. It was well after 1 before I even ventured back inside. Carla enjoyed the time I was out as well, having the opportunity to bask in the sun. Moving from sunny spot to sunny spot as the day wore on.

By late afternoon, I was well into this 131 chapter book and took a brief break to help Walter pack up the camper and return it to storage. We even made an impromptu visit to Dean & Sean's house, sorta of a twofer visit business and social. Having settled the business at least for the interim, we visited a short spell before departing for home.

Not being deterred by the time away, I plunged back into reading and finished up the entire book by bedtime. A great read with a number of unforeseen plot twists. This one will make a great movie.

No comments: