Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tech Support Torture

I just got off the phone with HP tech support. I feel as if I have been through a torture chamber. Simple question, very convoluted answer.

It took forever just to give the guy on the line my phone number. Four times to get the number 8 correct. I even had to go so far as to count 7, 8 and repeat the number 8 so that he would understand. Then on top of that I had to phonetically spell out my name and email address. Arg!

All I wanted to do was find out where to download a driver. I don't feel that I ever really got the answer. I did get a sales pitch however to buy a new accessory. No way!

At one point during the call he told he was going to put me on hold and that I could go get coffee while I waited. (Banging head on table in dismay)

By the time the call ended I was ready to bang my head against the wall in frustration, shoot the computer part in question and wonder.

Oh my gosh, HP called me back (11:00 p.m.)! The guy I was talking to called me back to transfer me to his supervisor. The call came from area code 310. And here I thought that I was talking to someone in India or somewhere in that part of the world. I'd have never guessed that I was talking to California, but then again the phones could be transferring overseas.

Anyway he still did give a satisfactory answer, frustrated me further and then tried to sell me a part. Grrr....

Dang! My shoulders are so tense now, I may not be able to get to sleep for hours. Not a fun way to end the evening.

No comments: