Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday

The morning went well. I popped up this morning and fed the boys for Walter. He's down in North Carolina on the Outer banks.

Dr. Fowler delivered an excellent sermon this morning on trials that we go through, and that most of our trials are not something that anyone of us would voluntarily ask to have.

I got a voice message while I was in church - when I checked it was from Walter. After I returned the call I found out that he and Patrick had missed the last ferry back to Hatteras Island from Ocracoke Island so they are going to have to return home via South Carolina. They'll have to take a ferry south to get back to the main land and then head home up 95. It is going to be a long drive. But at least they will have faster travel speeds than if they had made it the other way.

I headed out to pick up Sean about 1:15 and really should have left a lot earlier - I ended up needing gas, and air in my tires. After I got there we ended up visiting for about 15 minutes or so and then we were off to the birthday bash for the 5-year-olds. Cake and ice cream. The family is going to be there so it will be a nice visit.

When I got to Mom's she was taking pictures of the Red House Finch's that were hanging out in the tree in the front yard. They were taking a fit on her for being out on the front porch. It seems that they have a nest nearby. I was lucky enough to get a photo of the chicks in the nest.

It wasn't too much longer before the birthday girl and boy finally showed up. Elda had made a 'from scratch' birthday cake for the occassion and Alice brought homemade icecream. Both were delicious. Elda even made a fruit salad.

Both of them were quite excited about the big day. It was even Miss Abbey's idea to have cars on their cake. They had a great time playing with the cars. Master Terry was just so tickled he could hardly hold it all in.

They had such a good time opening present and playing with their stuff. Terry got several really nice educational type toys and clothes; and Abbey got clothes, as well, and a "Princess phone". She was so cute calling all the princess' on the phone.

Tim and his family dropped by on their way home to drop off some 2 x 2's for me to use in my screened patio project. I do believe that there are enough there to make the walls without having to purchase any wood for the project. If I'm lucky I'll get it done before the weekend, if not Sean will here and maybe he will give me a hand working on it. It could be an interesting project to work on together. It would definitely be something that 'we' could do.

I've been goofing off this evening just watching movies on television. Not anything exciting. It looks like that I am going to head off and do laundry Monday night. I was going to do it this evening, but .... I got settled in and didn't want to go out.

Mom sent along this photo of Carla - she was all chilled out, even with all the kids bustling around.

I got hold of Walter this evening, he finally has gotten back into town. I'm so glad that he got off the island without too much difficulty. He was dropping Patrick off and then heading back home.