Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday

My Aunt Jo fell Sunday night and broke her hip. She is at St. Mary's Hospital. Aunt Barbara Jean thinks they might need to do surgery today. We don't have any further details yet - but everyone please add her to their prayer list. An update on what I do know, Aunt Jo will most likely have surgery on her hip in the morning. She is experiencing an extreme amount of pain and they are attempting to make her as comfortable as possible until her surgery.

The work day was busy and full. Everyone is back from vacations and there is a whole lot of catching up to do. Which will probably go on for at least a week or more. One of our dental assistants received a wonderful "edible bouquet" from her husband. She was so nice and shared it with everyone in the office. They had made used chocolate dipped strawberries and orange wedges along with plain strawberries, grapes and pineapples with cantalope balls made into flowers. It was amazing.

I took Miss Carla over to Pet Smart this evening and had her nails clipped. She'll walk much better now. I left her in the car while I ran into Wal-Mart and did my grocery shopping. I think I got everything that I'll need until next pay day.

I got a report from Dean - the trees in the neighbor's yard are still standing! Yippee! Now all they have to do is remain upright until after the 23rd. Then we are in the clear.

I've got to get by the lawyer's office in the next couple of days - I need to sign the deed for the sale of the house otherwise, things will get put off, and that is something that no one wants to happen.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: THE FOUNDATION: TAXATION “To take from one, because it is thought his own industry... has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who... have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.”Thomas Jefferson

I got this really great cartoon from the Patriot Post. What a graphic description of the date our taxes are due. I particularly think that the 'eyes popping' are a really great extra touch.

No comments: