Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday

More video instruction to go over today - Only four more videos to watch. Yeah! Then it will be on to other projects.

Alice is coming over this afternoon for a bite of lunch. We are timing this almost to the minute. If we both leave work at the same time, we can both be at my house at the same time. So if we are good we will both be back to work exactly on time. It could work out that we are here when the maintenance guy comes to look at the phone lines.

No such luck on the phone lines, however, Alice and I had a delightful lunch together. We both left work at just about the same time and arrived together. I was able to giver her the grand tour (all of 5 minutes) and then we settled in for great conversation and a nice Italian salad. Carla enjoyed having the company as well. We left talking on the phone and both arrived back at work simultaneously. Neat stuff.

I was disappointed when I got home to find that I had no phone service. The maintenance staff had not come in...it is becoming irritating that I am paying for phone service and DSL that I can't use. I guess I'm calling the repair service again tomorrow first thing. It is almost a safety issue - no way to get in touch with the outside world (now if it weren't for the fact that Walter is close by - I wouldn't even be able to get my blog up at night). It would be pretty bad if I needed to call 911 or someone needed to get in touch with me for a family emergency.

I'm going to be back here for a short while tomorrow while they install my cable, so maybe, just maybe the phone can be fixed at the same time.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody'’s power, that is not easy."” - — Aristotle

No comments: