Monday, April 2, 2007

Monday

Time to start a new work week and continue with the apartment set up. I'm going to run by the apartment this evening after work to check mail and make sure that things are still okay. I'm sure that they will be, but I do want to keep check, until I get fully moved in.

We had a bit of fun around the office today. The local television station came in to shoot some footage for us, and the back office staff ended up being the "on air talent". I had a couple of scenes, one resting in the spa and the other checking out at the front desk. What was particularly funny was that none of us really knew what we were doing in the roles that we were playing.

During lunch I ran by the apartment and put some things away and began to get things organized. I know that I'll be working on that chore for the next month or so. Next week I am going to get the screen porch fixed as this will be really nice in the evenings and help keep the bees away from the door -- just big bumbles bees hunting for pollen.

I worked at the apartment for a number of hours last night. I really lost track of time. I don't have a clock there yet. But I did get all of the curtains hanging where I want them. The ones in the living room are about 1/2 a hem too long, but that won't take any time to fix. I put up several pictures on the wall and my 'Italian Market' sign above the sink.

Walter took me out to dinner at the Mexican restaurant near the apartment. On the way we had a clear view of the full moon. It was so big and orange.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." - Lao-Tzu

No comments: