Monday, April 9, 2007

Monday

I slept well last night - like a rock. Miss Carla did so as well. She was on the bed with me and didn't move at all. Amazing.

There is a lovely layer of frost on the ground this morning and looking out my back door I have a such a wonderful view. It is going to be nice when the temperatures warm up slightly so that I can take advantage of the patio on the weekends.

I left work a bit early this evening, I skipped lunch. I dropped by home to pick up Carla on my way back over to the house. I was working on picking up more 'stuff' that I hadn't gotten over the weekend.

Right now I'm battling with my phone service. Verizon says the line is good to the box, but there is no service inside the apartment. I've got the apartment working on repairing the lines, especially since Verizon said they were going to charge me over $95 to fix the lines inside the apartment. Since they are coming into the apartment tomorrow to do the repair I took Carla up to the maintenance building to 'meet & greet' the maintenance staff. That way she'll not be too upset with their coming. It was a very productive meeting.

Afterwards, Carla and I went to the house and packed up the car with additional things for the house. Food, cleaning supplies, the toaster and vaccum accessories. Dean was there throughly exhausted from his moving today - they have had to haul boxes and miscellaneous stuff up two flights of stairs to their apartment. I wouldn't want to be doing that at all.

I have the cable guy coming to put service in on Wednesday so that I can watch some type of television. I don't watch very much at all, basically the news and programming on our Channel 33; Law & Order, Monk, House, and CSI as well. Other than that not much else.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:


Thought for the Day: "I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I am a possibilitist." Max Lerner

No comments: