Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Wet Sunday

The rain has arrived. This time Carla didn't make a peep when it started raining. She just hung out and slept.

I'm headed off to church this morning with Walter. Then afterwards, I'm headed back out to the house to see how much we can get taken off to the dump today. I will never be so happy as when I'm not hauling household content to the dump.

What a miserable afternoon! We were at the house working on finalizing the clean out and it was raining. Try hauling stuff out to the truck on a regular basis and not end up being soaked to the core. What a miserable, miserable day to spend a Sunday afternoon. We managed to get one truck load done before heading off to the dump, when the wonderful weather front dropped buckets of rain upon us as we were emptying the truck. Wet & Cold is not a pleasant place to be.

That being said, the one truck load of stuff was all that we were able to get done today with the weather being the way that it is. There is hope that tomorrow evening will be better. After I got home this afternoon, I had some company. Walter brought down the movie, First Knight to watch. I started piddling around putting stuff away and he promptly fell asleep. So he and Carla have been sleeping the afternoon and early evening away. I've managed to empty all the original boxes that I brought over to the apartment. Now I've got to get started on the remaining bins of stuff that I brought back over the last couple of days.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts For the Day:
  • He charged nothing for his preaching, and it was worth it, too. - Mark Twain [Hmm, apparently Mark Twain had a real bad experience with a newbie preacher].
  • "With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" - Jay Leno

No comments: