Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday

Walter is off to work in Fluvanna again. They've given him a company truck for the trip. He'll be putting in some overtime hours for the next few days.

I'm in the home stretch of the video-audio training materials. I will never be so glad as to finally get through with all the video watching. I've gotten most of the training finished - still some online materials to go over, but it's geting closer.

After work I headed out to the house to pick up a few more things. The boys had been busy removing trash (boxing materials & stuff) we just don't have a place for in the new places. I've made a deal with Dean - Friday evening and Saturday that we both be there and dive in to finish it up!

I popped by Mom & Dad's to drop off my collection of gift bags - now these are something I may have to swipe back from time to time from Mom as the the need arises. We had a short visit, since Mom had not been back long from Mamaw Stapleton's and I needed to get back home with Carla. Walter called and we ended up heading out for a late dinner after I dropped Carla back home.

We went out for some Thai food at the Siam Paragon. The whole experience was some next level stuff. I've never seen nor heard Walter carry on about a place so much in my life. We started out without a clue as to what to eat, however our waiter (who turned out to be one of the owners) was extremely helpful in helping us pick out what to have as 'newbies' to Thai food.

Before we began with any food we started out with a couple of glasses of Thai tea. What a concoction, ice tea with milk, a very weird combination but delicious. About this time is when Walter began having the glazed over culinary look. For appetizers we tried the tempura vegetables and fried calamari. The batter on both was so light and crisp, none of the normal heaviness that comes with deep fried food, plus the sauce for both was also very light, so you didn't loose the taste of the food in the sauce.

On to the main course: Walter had Pad Kra Prow, which was on the hot side. I had a dish called Pad Woon Sen I had a version with shrimp, scallons and squid. Delicious - as an added bonus I got to keep my chopsticks, which were imported from Thailand. They were spectacular to eat with! Perfectly balanced! Wow, what a treat.

Now normally dessert is a rare event, but since the food didn't weigh heavy on us we jumped right in to try some of their desserts. Walter had the Taro Custard and I had Mango and Sticky Rice. The custard arrived warm on a plate drizzled with chocolate sauce, while my dessert was a combination of warm and cool, plus the rice was covered in a coconut milk sauce. I would have never thought to put the combination together but it was perfect.

All the way home all Walter was doing was going on and on about how next level the food, food presentation, and service were. He said that we had really be out to eat. I do believe that if he could do so he would be there to eat everyday.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "How do you get world peace. You get world peace through inner peace. If you've got a world full of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world." Dr. Wayne Dyer

No comments: