Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mid-week Craziness

Things got a little crazy today. Sessions notified me that they had locked my InDesign class. What's up with that? Turns out that they had the class ending yesterday, when it should be sometime next year. All fixed. So just as soon as the professor grades my final assignment I can take my final exam.

The office has been just a bit out of sorts as well, with Jami missing from the front desk Brian and I have been recruited to fill in during the afternoons and will be taking over the whole job of receptionist/administrative assistant. We even heard from one of the doctors, that we work with in Florida, who's had a really exciting day. A patient drove their car into his building! We hear that the damage was basically cosmetic, but nonetheless major event. Some of the jokes were horrible, others fairly funny. Particularly ones about sedating patient's before they get in the office and have a 'drive-thru' dental practice. I'm sure he'll have a few stories to tell at the conference at the end of the month.

[8 p.m.] It has been a great evening. Typography class is going smoothly and seemingly quickly. The hardest part that I can see right now is collecting the 10 type rubbings that I need to gather. There aren't alot of things that I am around on a daily basis with raised text. Lots and lots of print, but not too much signage. We'll see, there actually may be more than I realise once I get started.

We've still got the windows open here. I'm loving it. No ac or heat! Yeah! It is such great sleeping weather.

Just saw an add on television for getting certified as a massage therapist. At the office they tell that it would be a great 'third', 'fourth', or 'fifth' career. I think I'll stick with the graphic design for now. :)

No comments: