Friday, February 19, 2010

Adventures in Video

Video editing gone awry. I spent the majority of the morning working on a 4 1/2 minute video. The trick was the original video was over 5 1/2 gig in side so it never quite got completely loaded. It was edit, wait, listen, edit, wait, wait, and wait some more, then start all over again. To tackle the lag problem I ended up watching what I was editing on one screen and using the 2nd to make the actual edits using only the time markers. It was a minor challenge, but it could have been much worse if I'd only had one computer to work on.

A tweet came through today from TecHead - they are offering a class on Adobe Flash Catalyst. At our last RAUG meeting we had a "preview" of what it can do and WOW! It will be an awesome tool to use in creating and sharing interactive content without writing codes! Yipee! I've already gotten my registration in and in a real stroke of luck, the office was already closed that day, so I don't even have to worry about missing any time to attend.

This evening I hopped out by to Mom & Dad's for dinner. Mom made a great chili.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Computer Repair

Caller: Hi, our printer is not working.

Customer Service: What is wrong with it?

Caller: Mouse is jammed.

Customer Service: Mouse? Printers don't have a mouse you fool!

Caller: Mmmmm??.. Oh really?... I will send a picture.

No comments: