Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday Trials

Today turned out to have a unique set of challenges and turn of events. First thing this morning, on my drive into the office, I do believe that I got caught behind every driver who was in need of a refresher course. Loads of definitely distracted drivers. I swear that you'd think they driving with their eyes closed. Brian F. came into the office just after me and told me that there had been an accident out front. It seems a Mustang and a truck got into it. In the end, I don't think either one actually won. Traffic after that was an absolute mess.

A quick call from Walter this morning let me know that his cell phone had died overnight while he was out of town. He was having one heck of a time with the Verizon store in Lynchburg. They told him that he wasn't eligible for a new phone, and they weren't much help figuring out what he needed to do next since the phone had actually broken. He did not take that very well. Being the resourceful fellow that he is, he visited with Patrick and Appomattox, who was able to supply him with an alternate phone to use until he could buy another one.

The boss let me know the other day that he wants me to learn how to operate a Mac - so while Walter was visiting with Patrick, a real geek (in a nice way), had a spare older Mac that he sent back home with Walter for me to 'learn' on. I'll have to work with it a bit to get the hang of the way Apple does things. I'm sure that there will be a learning curve. I sure do appreciate the loan.

Once I got home this evening, we ran up to the Verizon store from the house and had them look into the situation. Luckily they were able to straighten out the whole situation. His phone was still under warranty, by a whole 10 days, they were able to give him a replacement phone. Yippee!! All of his contact are all transferred and saved online for safe keeping.

All in all a very successful evening out. On another happy note, Bounce spent his 2nd day in the laundry room while I was at work, and I'm happy to report that he didn't even have any accidents today. He was such a good boy! It won't be too long before we are able to leave him in other rooms for at least 30 minutes by himself.

We're a little shorthanded at the office, so beginning tomorrow, in addition to what I'm normally doing I'll be helping out at the front desk. Everyone cross their fingers for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the front desk and with the Mac.