Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Sean got up early this morning. His internal clock is getting set for normal camp time during the week.

Walter dropped by to find out about his noise in the backseat of the car. All it took was a quick ride to the end of the neighborhood and the problem was found. A loose screw and a little WD-40 will take care of the job.

I went out briefly to water a few things and to make sure the bird baths were filled when I noticed that the bees seem to be out in force, visiting just about every flower in the yard. The other "problem" insect is the Japanese beetles. I've put the beetle trap out, which has worked to some extent, but...our neighbor Jay was out spraying posion on his trees and shrubs and hit the rose bushes and birch trees next to his yard too. Thanks Jay!

These honey bees were flying around though the clover collecting pollen this afternoon. I like the way that I was able to capture the pollen that had collected on their legs.






















I believe that all three of these are bumble bees. I'm just not quite sure about the first one because it is white instead of yellow.

The bees below were hanging out on the black-eyed susans near the driveway. I'm not sure if they are honey bees or not.

Sean & Dean headed out in the afternoon to do some fishing. I hope that they are able to catch a few. The guys did catch a few fish, perch I do believe that they said. They didn't bring any home they were just out for the fun of fishing.

Alice dropped by to get a haircut before her big adventure to Atlanta tomorrow. Her first trip on an airplane too. I do hope that she has a fantastic time and truly enjoys herself, as well as having fun with their presentation and is able to learn lots at the meeting that she is attending. Way to go Alice.

No comments: