Friday, June 9, 2006

New Growth!

As I took a walk around the yard this morning I ws examining the new plants that I had put in when much to my surprise I saw new growth had appeared on one of the crape myrtles, that Walter dug up for me from Alice's house. I wasn't sure that any of them would live at all, and even if they did I surely didn't think that I would see any growth until next spring.

But as you can see there it is....YEAH!

Thank you Alice for allowing us to raid your yard and especially thanks to Walter for strapping these things onto his car to bring home, and digging holes for them too.

I am so happy, I have a new tree....Hehehe!


Later on in the morning I was "looking" for something to do outside when I took a notion to put together a "shepherd's hook" to hang my bird feeder. The boys having an ample supply of leftover lumber from the construction of the tree fort, gave me a great place from where I could commandeer a few pieces of scrap. A few cuts with the skillsaw and a quick hole dug with the post hole diggers and voila a bird feeder complete with pole.












This is a close up of the actual birdfeeder. We received this as a Christmas gift from the Patnaude's way back in 1998, and now I have finally found the exactly right home for it to be placed.

No comments: