Friday, June 23, 2006

Busy Friday

This has been an extremely busy day. I began the morning leaving out, at the same time as Dean & Sean, for the grocery store. So I was able to get all my shopping done and put mostly put away. I even put dinner into the crockpot so it would be ready as soon as everyone got in this evening.

Mom came by around 11 and we dashed off on a trip across the river to visit with Aunt Jo. We had picked her up a very small birthday cake and card to celebrate her 83rd birthday. [The card was a riot, a 90 year old man runs naked through the flower show and won first place for the best dried arrangement.] She got a tremendous chuckle out of it. We then headed off for a lovely lunch at the Olive Garden. Zuppa Tuscana - wonderful! Aunt Jo even sent home some cookware for Walter. After we told him about it, he later told us that one of the guys that he works with was jealous because she had sent him a double boiler. She also sent along a flour sifter, which had belonged to her grandmother, which makes the sifter approximately 125-150 years old.

Aunt Jo gave Mom & I a humorous listing of the:

World's Thinnest Books
  • French War Heros, by Jacques Chirac
  • Things I Love About My Country, by Jane Fonda & Cindy Sheehan. Illustrated by Michael Moore
  • My Beauty Secrets, by Janet Reno & Whoopi Goldberg
  • All the Women I Have Loved Before, by Barney Frank (D-Mass) & Boy George
  • My Christian Accomplishments & How I Helped After Katrina, by Rev Jesse Jackson & Rev Al Sharpton
  • Things I Love About Bill, by Bill Clinton
  • My Little Book of Personal Hygiene, by Osama Bin Laden & Willie Nelson
  • Things I Cannot Afford, by Bill Gates & The 'Donald'
  • Things I Would Not Do For Money, by Dennis Rodman
  • Things I Know To Be True, by Al Gore & John Kerry
  • Amelia Earhart's Guide To The Pacific
  • A Collection of Motivational Speeches, by Dr. J. Kevorkian
  • All The Men I Have Loved Before, by Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnel
  • The Guide To Dating Etiquette, by Mike Tyson
  • Delicious Spotted Owl Recipes, by PETA
  • The Amish Phone Directory
  • My Plan To Find The Real Killers, by O.J. Simpson
  • How To Drink & Drive Over Bridges, by Ted Kennedy
  • My Book Of Morals, by Bill Clinton with introduction by The Rev. Jesse Jackson
  • How the Gay Cowboys Won the West
The late afternoon and evening turned out to be busier than I had anticipated. Walter called and asked for some assistance in getting some new furniture moved to his apartment. One of the fellows that he works with gave him a lazy boy sofa and chair. It is much more masculine than what he currently has. Dad had the truck and I helped with the lifting. A thunderstorm came in as we were leaving and the furniture did get a bit wet during transport, but Mom was loaning out the Rainbow to Walt so that he could take care of that little problem. That storm however, did seem like it was just following the us all along our route.

When I got home it hadn't even rained here at all. Walter gave me the little blue barrel chair out of his living room since the "lazy boy" was going to take it's place. I have it in my bedroom where it makes an excellent accent chair. Walter even moved the chair that I had in that room back to the living room where it belonged.

Sean must have had a great day at camp today. I know that he got to ride the "Zip-a-Gator", a zipline that rides down over the lake; and of course he did some swimming (I'm not sure if it was free swimming or lessons). I don't know much else of what he did today, but his clothes were truly muddy and looked like he had obviously had a great time. He was down to sleep by 7:15 this evening. I hope he sleeps late in the morning and gets a great rest.

No comments: