Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today

I received the most wonderful surprise this morning. I had taken a break from putting the first coat of Mineral Blue paint on Sean's closet doors when I received a phone call from Danielle, letting me know that they were coming to visit. When I asked when she said look outside, and there they were in the driveway. Miss Faith had awaken early and they took the opportunity to head over to surprise me.

Sitting on the sofa all by herself. It won't last too long but she sure is trying. I bet she'll be doing it all by herself before the summer is out.










Here she is just laughing at her silly Mamaw.




After Miss Faith had had a little lunch and a diaper change we went outside for a walk around the yard. We went out to investigate the black-eyed susans that were growing around the base of the bird feeder. I believe that she was having as much fun kicking her feet into the flowers as she did looking at them.

The we went around to the side of the yard to check on the hostas and I was showing Miss Faith the only one that was blooming at the time and she really took to it. At first she appeared to be going to smell them, but then she gave us the impression that she was going to eat the blossom and the she took a bite at the stem. I think that she was looking for somethingelse to teethe on. She did look like it was tasty.


We moved on to the front yard next to the driveway and a few more black-eyed susans where Faith did manage to get hold of one of the blossoms. I helped her out and we plucked the flower so she "could give" it to her mommmy. She looks so sweet holding the flower. Then she started looking at it; hmm......I bet she was thinking, "This could be tasty too. I'd better get a bite before Mommy gets it."

Faith began to get a little fussy and was trying to bite on everything. After she had gnawed on my finger for a bit, I got her one of the wooden spoons. That seemed to really make her happy, at least for a while....

A new teething tool.

I got the call that I have been waiting for this afternoon, my Camry is ready to pick up! The part that they had been waiting for was a gasket, it is the little things that hold up the big things. When they replaced the passenger sun visor it corrected all the problems with the interior lights - there was a short in the wiring in the old one.

Miss Carla relaxing in the kitchen.

When Dean & Sean arrived home this evening they called me to come with the camera. Here on our front door was an adult sized praying mantis. He climbed the glass and then climbed up on the porch light. I was able to get a real close up of his face. It sort of reminds me of the pictures that people create to represent aliens.



This evening we headed out to Camp Thunderbird for a family dinner. Before dinner Sean took us on an after camp tour and activities.

Sean and his friend Shawn fishing. They were using cane poles and bread ball for bait.


Sean caught a fish which captured a lot of attention.







We all three went out in a canoe. Dean and Sean did the paddling, while I sat in the center. I was able to a good photo of Dean, but Sean had his back to me.

No comments: