Saturday, November 25, 2006

Genealogical Adventure

Mom has been out "stalking" the cardinals again this morning. I know that she got a number of additional great photos. I even got another recording of the birds carrying on in the backyard.

This morning we headed back over to WalMart to pick up our photos - SUCCESS. They were all ready to go when we got there. On the way to Jonesville, I thought for a moment that we had strayed a bit far from our route when I caught sight of a herd of longhorn cattle. It messed me up just a little there. From there we had a lunch in the car in Jonesville on the way to visit with David Baker.

My appointment with David Baker to discuss genealogy was for 1 p.m., our genealogy discussion turned into a 4 1/2 hour discussion...WOW! It didn't even seem like we had been there any time at all. There are lots of notes and tape to go over and review. One high point was hearing about a family move to Knoxville around 1915-1917 that no one seemed to know much about. I'm looking forward to finding out some more about this move. There is just so much that we talked about and went over it is just going to take me some time to get it all muddled through. I had such a great time and look forward to continuing our correspondence and sharing of information. Mom got this great picture of David & I.

Thanks David for all the great information and conversation!!

No comments: