Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Welcome To November

We now have a whole new month in which to accomplish anything that we want. Have fun picking out how to spend the next 30 days. I've got several things on the agenda for my 'new' month already. A day at the river with Walter, he's taking me to the Urbanna Oyster Festival; Thanksgiving weekend with Mom at Mamaw Stapleton's house; and of course get a headstart and possible finish to our Christmas shopping.

November DesktopThe weather this morning is absolutely divine. The sun is shining and the birds are all singing. Tweat is on the deck and having a ball. I heard one of the wild birds going 'tweatle tweatle tweat' and then heard Tweat answering back with a chirping noise.

The dogs have had a great time in the yard and playing with one another in warm sunshine. They have been on the deck, in the yard and all around the house. I think that Lilly has exhausted herself and now is ready to take a good nap. Carla is also in need of one too, she has gone out to the deck to sleep in the sunshine.

While the girls have been settled down for a short while I worked on my desktop for November. I always have to alter any that I find on the web to fit the widescreen monitor. Still it gives me some practice with PhotoShop and a little creative expression in the alterations.

Fall BeesI was outside with the girls and saw that there were some bees working on the last flowers of the season. These couple of bees were hanging out on the last few blossoms of the butterfly bush. I even saw a couple of butterflies and a dragonfly! There were even a couple of other odd looking insects hanging out there too - I presume making use of the remaining bits of pollen before they moved on or settled in for the winter.

The girls hung out in the yard while I was able to head back into the house for the camera. They are really improving their 'relationship'. They aren't fighting nearly as much as they were, and Lilly has improved her potty skills dramatically! Yippee! She is beginning to give me a bit of notice before she needs to go out.

I worked on training with the girls this afternoon. They both have 'sit' and 'up' down pat. Both are now...mastering 'down', I could hardly believe that Lilly was able to accomplish this one. She even is working on the 'come' command, which is coming along nicely.

I'm off this afternoon to school to pick up Sean's assignments. This will bring him up to date at least through the end of the week. I'm turning in his Drama worksheet today so that she can go ahead and grade it. Sean worked on a number of his history questions this morning before heading off to play WOW this afternoon. He shouldn't have that many more questions left to finish up what he has on hand. The work I picked up was triple the amount that I picked up on Friday. It is amazing. Most of it appears to be reading though. If he jumps on it he should be able to knock it out in no time at all.

Walter came by for a short visit this evening. He was sporting his new hair cut. He had cut it differently than the normal crew cut. This time his hair is long on the top and tapers to the regular crew cut length at the neck. He did a nice job. He spent some time playing Empire Earth. Then headed off back home. He'll be back tomorrow - we have a "date" to take his car in for a front end alignment. Then drive him to and from school.

1 comment:

ViVi said...

Hi. Love your newsy blog and warm humor. Thought it was a good fit with my desire to encourage people to think of every day as a day to make a good memory. So even though it's "just" family stuff, I made you the first link on my "Making everyday memories" blogroll. Thanks!