Friday, November 3, 2006

Friday

Miss Lilly slept all night last night. It was hard to believe. I thought I'd managed to get a great sleep last night.

We are off to have the oil changed in the Camry, in preparation for my Thanksgiving trip. Plus it is a 'freebie' that they gave me when we bought the car. I just can't pass up a deal like that. I'll probably use the time waiting to oversee some homework and do some reading myself. Turned out that the car did need a new air filter, which I sprung for, since the whole time I had the van we never put a new one in. I am going to assume that it could possibly help my gas mileage increase since the car will be able to breathe better.

Tooth FairyMs. Danielle is off to have her wisdom teeth removed this morning. I wish her well on the surgery and hope that she is feeling better soon.

Perhaps the "Tooth Fairy" will come to visit her tonight. I think she should get big bucks for wisdom teeth.

Deneicee in Irish DressA friend of Mom's sent a picture of his daughter, Deneicee, decked out for an Irish Tea - which is really appropriate since we've just been to the Celtic Festival so I thought that ya'll might be interested in seeing the dress. I think it looks great. I might have to get to work on my own 'costume' to wear for the Celtic festival next year.

Oh, Wow! I was just sitting here at the table with Sean waiting until it was time for us to head out to run our afternoon errand, when much to our surprise several of Tweat's friends showed up on the porch. A bluebird was hanging out on the chair cushion that was hanging on the rail drying out. He stayed there for some time. Then a little nut hatch found some seed that Sean left on the deck railing and he even came over to sit next to the window. Plus he continued to hop around the deck looking for other seeds, I suppose.

Our afternoon errand went excellent! When I got home I received a call from Alice, who told me that Terry had a bloody ear at school this afternoon, which turned out to be just an ear infection. Everything is going to be just fine.

Sleeping GirlsSean & Dillon have been having an interesting afternoon playing tag with a huge tractor tire. Quite an interesting form of tag. I don't know where they are going to hide the tire, but .... They have also been hanging out on the computer this afternoon/evening playing WOW. Which is quite remarkable. They have really been enjoying themselves.

I caught the girls sleeping on the sofa together this evening. A very unusual occurrance indeed.

I spoke with Walter this evening - we have had a change of plans, instead of going to Urbanna we are heading off to Warms Springs instead. Since the temperature is going to the in the mid 20's, and there is usually a breeze at the river. The inside of a car and a mountain view sounds much more appealing.

Email and Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • "Nor do I hear in my imagination the parts successively, I hear them all at once. What a delight this is! All this inventing, this producing, takes place in a pleasing, lively dream." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  • By doing just a little every day, you can gradually let the task completely overwhelm you.
Bumper Sticker: And On The 8th Day God Created Marines

Alice sent these to me in an email. There was quite a collection in the email, but I picked out theses three to share. They all are extreme pumpkins.

Give a Man a Fish...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will go out and buy expensive fishing equipment, stupid looking clothes, a sports utility vehicle, travel 1000 miles to the "hottest" fishing spot, and stand waist deep in cold water just so he can outsmart a fish. (Average cost per fish: $395.68)

Pay Mistakes

One day, an employee received an unusually large check. She decided not to say anything about it.

The following week, her check was for less that the normal amount, and she confronted her boss. “How come,” the supervisor inquired, “you didn't say anything when you were overpaid?”

Unperturbed, the employee replied, “Well, I can overlook one mistake ­ but not two in a row!

Boyfriend

She had a boyfriend with a wooden leg, but she broke it off.

HALP US

Playing off the stupidity of a supposed "joke gone wrong" by John Kerry the Patriot Post has this wonderful bumper sticker based on the original photo taken in Iraq by some of our troops replying to the "joke".

No comments: