Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday Preparations

This morning I will be prepping the car for my trip on Wednesday morning - I'm headed off to Pennington Gap with Mom for the weekend. I need to get the car cleaned out and all gassed up. I want to put some Rain-X on the windows to help repel the rainwater from the windshield. I'm going to run by and vacuum the car out too. A clean car for the trip. Wow, the day has been full, and not with what I had expected - as they say the best laid plans....

Sean & I headed out to the grocery store to pick up the guys some supplies for while I am away. I did get the car vaccumed out while we were out. Once we got back home - We were back out the door to take LG to the hospital. It appears that she may have had a reaction to one of her medications. Dean met up with us at the hospital and I brought Sean back home after we got LG into the exam room. So we are waiting to hear how she is doing. But this could take awhile since they were swamped, while we were waiting six ambulances pulled in.

However, we did have a nice surprise when we arrived home. Char, our neighbor's sister, had left us a loaf of pumpkin bread. It was so sweet of her to think about us.

Tonight is the big Thanksgiving Praise service at church. The choir is singing six song specials.

L.G. UPDATE: Looks like it is just an ear infection and will get cleared up with antibiotics. Yippee! Glad to hear that she'll be perking up over the next few days.

Don't worry - I'll be able to post updates of the trip from Mamaw's house.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - Pablo Picasso

Golf Questions

Jill: I just don't understand the attraction golf holds for men.

Nadine: TELL me about it! I went golfing with my ex one time, and he told me I asked too many questions!

Jill: Well, I'm sure you were just trying to understand the game. What questions did you ask?

Nadine: I thought I asked legitimate questions.. like, "Why did you hit the ball into that lake?"

Life Change

Little Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room. After a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it over and then said a prayer.

"Fine", said the pleased mother. "If you ask God to help you not misbehave, He will help you."

"Oh, I didn't ask Him to help me not misbehave," said Little Johnny. "I asked Him to help you put up with me."

No comments: