Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday

I got off this morning to a late start. No power and I mis-set my alarm. I wasn't but a few minutes later than normal getting to work, but....

I checked in with Dominion Power this morning and they are telling me that the power will be off at the house until 11:45 tonight! I guess I should have expected it with the high tension line down right there at the apartments. But it is really strange with the power being restored at most of the buildings around the complex. Timmons even had power this morning and they are only a 1/2 mile away (as the crow flies).

Sean was coming to spend the night with me this evening, but since there is no power, I'm going to pick him up on the way to Bush Gardens in the morning. He'll sleep much better with air conditioning and lights available.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: “In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate - look to his character.” — Noah Webster

No comments: