Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesday

Sorry I did post anything yesterday. Life was busy and by the time I got home last night I was ready for some R&R.

A good majority of the day yesterday was spent dealing with computers, backing up files, restoring files, and generally just waiting on computers to do what they do. I did manage to get some audio work done that I've been trying to do. Great to work on while waiting on other computers to do their thing.

Walt came down after dinner and we ran out to the Ukrops to pick up cookie dough, of all things. He was in need of a cookie fix. In fact, he told me to tell Connie at work that he needed cookies. Silly thing.

But I did get this great sunset from the Ukrop's parking lot. It was just so red-orange, I couldn't resist. Of course, Walter thinks I'm a nut when it comes to taking some photos. Oh well. I was having fun.

Today was another busy one. Getting everything accomplished has been a real workout.

I had a surprise in my mailbox this evening, a brochure from Perillo Tours for their tours of Italy. They had tour dates available for September of 2008 and I jumped at the chance to go ahead and book my tour for September 10, 2008.

So I am now committed for my trip next year. I will be in Italy for my birthday. I did get trip cancellation insurance, just in case something drastic happens between now and then. But that is not the intention at all. The next step is to get my passport - I've already got the application filled out. The only thing left to do with it is have my picture taken and turn the application in.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts.— John Jay

No comments: