Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday

It has been a busy morning. I'll update everything later after I get back from Bush Gardens with Walter - we're seeing a concert this evening! The Oak Ridge Boys.

Now for the day's update.

I left to go into work this morning at 9:15 a.m. A surprise phone call at 9 got me moving in that direction. We had a planning meeting until 1:00 p.m. Lots more to do.

After I got home, Walter came on down and we gathered ourselves together and headed out for some lunch and on to Bush Gardens for the evening. We made it in to Bush Gardens around 4 p.m. So we were able to try out a new ride, the Cork Screw in plenty of time before the concert. I got some photos of the eagles and one of the wolves; and we were on the way to the aviary for more photos of the lorikeets when the weather turned ugly. A big thunderstorm swooped in and hit about 5:30 - 5:45, there for a while I thought that the concert was going to be cancelled, but blue skies prevailed.

Walter and I got into the concert venue about 45 minutes ahead of show time. We were able to get really good seats on the grass. One nice couple gave us a plastic trash bag to sit on. Next trip I'll take my neat sheet and be prepared.

The concert kicked off right at 7:00 p.m. - Great Show! I was able to get some descent photos.

We were going to leave and head for home after the 7 p.m. show until we found out that the 9 p.m. show would be completely different from the one we were at. A real experience to go to two completely different concerts in a three hour period.

The first concert was fantastic! Loads of old favorites and several new songs. Great showmanship.

The intermission between the two shows was about 45 minutes.

We had time to grab a drink and snack before they came back on stage for the second show.

I wasn't sure that the second show could be as terrific as the first but it surely was. FUN, FUN, FUN!

I got to thinking - this was the first concert that I've attended since Alabama came to Richmond in the 80's.

No comments: