Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday

Midweek once again. I've been checking in on Mom who is doing well, but tired and hurting. That's to be expected with the surgery, therapy and healing.

This evening after work Alice and I are going to go out for dinner together. A girls night for should I say girls early evening. I think that we are heading over to Olive Garden.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Debt

The phone rang. It was a salesman from a mortgage refinance company. "Do you have a second mortgage on your home?"

"No," I replied.

"Would you like to consolidate all your debts?"

"I really don't have any," I said.

"How about freeing up cash for home improvements?" he tried.

"I don't need any. I just recently had some done and paid cash," I parried.

There was a brief silence, and then he asked, "Are you looking for a husband?"

No comments: