Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday

I snapped this shot of the full moon a little after midnight - Carla had to go out. I tweaked it a bit in PhotoShop so it has a bit of a different look, but the only thing that I changed was to remove some noise.

Back to the regular routine, almost - Independence Day is Wednesday and I have the day off.

Sean starts day camp this morning at Camp Red Feather. I do hope that he has a terrific time.

I spoke to Sean on my way into work this morning and he had a migraine. Poor thing couldn't go to his first day of camp. I do hope that he will be up and better in the morning.

Alice tells me that Terry started his first day of his summer school enrichment program. He was off to the bus before 8 this morning. He's already home by now, but I haven't heard how his day went.

I slipped out of work at lunch time today and the weather is FANTASTIC! It would be great if the inside was as nice as the outside. It make you think that it is spring all over again. It's enough to lift your spirits.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Our lives are forever changed by those that we come in contact with, may you make all the lives you change better for the experience. - js

Writers

Bob Hope once received an award and graciously gave full credit to his four writers for making it possible.

The next to receive the award was Bishop Fulton J. Sheen. He stepped to the mike and with a grin, he announced, "I also want to thank my four writers - Mathew, Mark, Luke and John."

Rest Stop

I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45-minute delay and everybody on board was ticked.

Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in 30 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this ... all the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with the Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, they also were trying to change airlines!

No comments: