Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saturday

Well, the morning has definitely been on the upswing. My painting muse has rejoined me and I've been laboring away this morning on a sunrise over the Atlantic. Hmmm.

Inspiration is a great thing. I've been missing my painting and I'm glad to be back at it. It is liberating. It does get me focused.

Sean isn't joining me for the weekend. I'm not sure what's up with him, but no worries. I'm sure he'll visit another weekend when he's not involved with a computer game. Speaking of visiting - I'm still attempting to make contact with the daughter, but it isn't going very well. I think I have her voicemail message memorized by now. Oh well, some day she'll want to talk and visit.

Meanwhile, painting is great!

TA DA! The newest painting - see I can paint, its just been a long time.

We had a bit of a scare around here this evening. As I walked out of the apartment and started up the stairs there was a strong smell of gas (propane). I thought there was a gas leak in the building. The maintenance people checked it out and they claim it was someone grilling out with charcoal that caused that smell, but come on, charcoal just doesn't smell like propane at all.

I took Walter out this evening for his Birthday Dinner, since he's going out with friends tomorrow to celebrate a string of birthdays. It seems that he is the first of four birthdays that fall each day beginning on Sunday thru Wednesday. Since they all work they'll be doing the celebrating on Sunday evening together. We hit the Olive Garden for dinner, and he even had some birthday cake.

There is still a linger smell of gas, since we've gotten back from dinner. Propane falls so the hallway outside the door has that obnoxious odor. I'm debating on whether to call the fire department or not. I wouldn't even be contemplating it if the smell had been gone when we got back, but....

We had a impromptu birthday party here this evening. Mom & Dad dropped by for a visit and to drop off a gift for Walter. Meanwhile, Dean & Sean dropped by as well. So the tradition of stretching his birthday over several days continues.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Create your own stage. The audience is waiting.

Bunyan Fall

My son, Bunyan, is a construction foreman. One day he tumbled from a scaffold, managing to break his fall by grabbing on to parts of the scaffold on the way down. He received only minor scratches.

Embarrassed by the fall, he climbed back up to continue working. The he noticed his co-workers holding up hastily made signs reading 9.6, 9.8 and 9.4.

City Fisherman

A fisherman from the city was out fishing on a lake in a small boat. He noticed another man in a small boat open his tackle box and take out a mirror. Being curious the man rowed over and asked, "What is the mirror for?"

"That's my secret way to catch fish," said the other man. "Shine the mirror on the top of the water. The fish notice the spot of sun on the water above and they swim to the surface. Then I just reach down and net them and pull them into the boat."

"Wow! Does that really work?"

"You bet it does."

"Would you be interested in selling that mirror? I'll give you $30 for it."

"Well, okay."

After the money was transferred, the city fisherman asked, "By the way, how many fish have you caught this week?"

"You're the sixth," he said.

No comments: