Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day

Happy July 4th!!


The day has started off just fine and dandy. I've got the window & door open. The temperature is nice - not too much either way. I did meet one of my new neighbors from the next building, third floor. Amanda, I believe she said. She's just moved in and of course, Carla had to introduce herself. They got along fine.

Sean didn't come over last night, so I doubt that he'll be around for the day. So in lieu of doing stuff with him, I'm going to take care of a few things around the apartment, such as laundry and a small bit of cleaning. If I am exuberant about it, I can get the cleaning done while the clothes are in the wash cycle.

I was going to spend a majority of the day working on genealogy, however, I finished that up last night and sent it off to be looked over by the newest contributor to the genealogy information, Rita Davis.

It's been a pretty slow day. I did get the apartment cleaned up and the laundry done. The two items that were high on my agenda for the day.

Walter drove me out to Mom & Dad's this evening for dinner. It wasn't a big get together, just the family. Tim & Elda were, of course, not there as they had gone off for their annual anniversary trip. Alice & her kids came, Troy stayed home (as usual).

We had hamburgers & hot dogs. Mom is down in her knee, but with surgery coming up next week she'll be good as new before too long.

I received a call from Sean late this evening. He said that they were able to see the fireworks at Brandermill from their balcony. Nice way to see the fireworks without having to leave the house. I'm glad that they had that ability.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Quotes For the Day:
Our cause is noble; it is the cause of mankind!— George Washington

"Let the American youth never forget, that they possess a noble inheritance, bought by the toils, and sufferings, and blood of their ancestors; and capacity, if wisely improved, and faithfully guarded, of transmitting to their latest posterity all the substantial blessings of life, the peaceful enjoyment of liberty, property, religion, and independence." — Justice Joseph Story
Mail Worker

A goober got a part time job at the Post Office. The first assignment his supervisor gave him was the job of sorting the mail. Goober separated the letters so fast that his motions were literally a blur. Extremely pleased by this, the supervisor approached Goober at the end of his first day.

"I just want you to know," the supervisor said, "that I'm very pleased with the job you did today. You're one of the fastest workers we've ever had."

"Thank you, sir" said Goober, beaming, "and tomorrow I'll try to do even a better Job."

"Better?" the supervisor asked with astonishment. "How can you possibly do any better than you did today?"

Goober replied, "Tomorrow I'm going to read the addresses."

No comments: