Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hump Day

It has been a busy day as usual. Work keeps me busy, as usual. We're working on producing the Fall edition of our Smiles Of magazine. New colors, images and copy. We're just about done.

As the afternoon wore on we were taking bets whether or not it was going to rain. Well, of course, the clouds rolled in and looked quite threatening until it all of sudden let loose and poured briefly. Looks like the rain finally caught up with us this evening. It has been raining cats and dogs for the past 30 minutes here. At one point it sounded like someone was standing over top of the skylight pour buckets of water onto it. It sounds like it is beginning to move out of the area now, but you never know it could slip right back around and hit us again. I know all the plants in the yard are 'thrilled' - I've been negligent in actually getting out there and doing some watering.
I received my final grade for my last assignment in my Color Theory class today. So this evening I logged into class and took my final exame which finished up my Color Theory class. I ended up with an "A" for the class. Yeah!

My InDesign class has been plodding right along, it just takes longer to put together some of the pieces than in other classes. I went to work on my final session yesterday and found out that one of the sample/example pieces that we were suppose to be using wasn't even in the download area. Turned out that the instructor had had an "Oops, I'm bad." moment. The document was up this evening. I'll get on that lesson tomorrow, when I can stay up late and not worry about getting up early for work. (Yes, I have the day off on Friday otherwise it would never happen.)

Walter it seems has put in a full day as well. Working on the Suburbans with Tim. He tells me that he's got one just about ready to put the engine back into and the other ready to get rid of. Yeah, he'll be down to one Suburban. I truly didn't think he needed two, but at least he'll be able to sell one for parts or possibly donate it as a tax deduction.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous. - Shana Alexander

Best Come Back Line Ever

Now I checked this out on Snopes.com, and it is absolutely false - never happened. However, according to Snopes.com this thing has been floating around the internet since 1998, and there was one actual incident in 2002 involving a man and his pumpkin in his basement. But even knowing all this....it was too funny not to share.

In summary, the police arrested Patrick Lawrence, 22 year old white male, in a pumpkin patch 11:38 p.m. on Friday night.

On Monday, at the Gwinnett County (GA) courthouse, Lawrence was charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency, and public intoxication.

The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch on his way home from a drinking session when he decided to stop, 'You know how a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around for miles or at least I thought there wasn't anyone around' he stated in a telephone interview.

Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purpose, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged need. 'Guess I was really into it, you know?' he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process of doing the deed, Lawrence failed to notice an approaching police car and was unaware of his audience until Officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

'It was an unusual situation, that's for sure,' said Officer Taylor. 'I walked up to Lawrence and he's just banging away at this pumpkin.' Officer Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence.

'I said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you're having sex with a pumpkin?

'He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there, and then he looked me straight in the face and said... 'A pumpkin? Shit .... is it midnight already?'

No comments: