Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Afternoon

Cassie and I got started on our afternoon adventures right after church. A quick lunch and then off to the Valentine Museum. The tour of Wickham house was fairly interesting as was the museum. Off the gardens we found the sculpture studio and dicovered a treasure trove of unique pieces by Edward Valentine. I particularly like his proposed Robert E. Lee monument.

More photos

I noticed that my cell phone was losing it's charge, so we headed up Broad Street in search of a Verizon location. Once there they discovered that my phone was operating on version 3.0 software, and the current version is 6.0! Hmmm, how did that happen. I left the phone there for a much needed upgrade and headed off to visit with Tim & Elda.

We had a splendid visit. Cassie and the cousins played for a couple of hours. I don't think we'd have even left when we did, if we hadn't of had to be back to the Verizon store before it closed.

I got Cassie back home, and turned right around and headed back across the river to continue my visit. We had quite the time. Walt was checking in on me by 10:30 to make sure that I was alright. It was a great visit and made for an interesting close to the weekend.

No comments: