Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Deep Freeze Tuesday

Well it all depends up on where you get your weather report as to what the actual temperature here is. On the deck we measure 19.6-degrees; Accuweather reports 8-degrees; NOAA give 13-degrees; finally the local television station tells us it is 12-degrees (all temperatures at 7:15 a.m. with no windchill figured into them). I say no matter which one anyone chooses to accept as the temperature - it is just plain old COLD!

Kristie sent me several photos of their new little pug. The mom had a hard time with delivery, but the puppies made it here just fine. This little girl is just about a week old. Kristie tells me that her name is Sassy.

Well I broke down today and finally worked on our Federal Taxes & State Taxes. Looks like we are going to be in REFUND CITY with both of them.

I went out around 12:30 to run a few errands, the temperatures had climbed out of fridged by the time I went out. I ran by Southern States to get the girls their 7-n-1 shots that they are due; and while I was there I ran across this really neat pedastle jar (could be used for cookies) for only $3.00 - obviously I had to have it since had that whole Italy feel to it and matched or coordinated with a couple of others that I had at home. Great Deal!!

I delivered some papers to deliver to our real estate agent's office so they could have them on hand to be ready to put together the cloing papers just as soon as the house was ready to close. They made their copies and I brought back home the originals.

Since I am actively looking for a job I did ask if they had anything open and sure enough they do, I printed my resume from the web and left it with them. Who knows? It might work out.

Finally I headed on down to Walt's place to feed the boys and bring in his mail. They boys were happy to see me; they were in need of both food & water. I hurried back home, just as soon as I finished to get lunch together for Sean. All in all it was a full journey.

I went out this afternoon to walk the girls and do a potty clean up in the yard - well, I found a SURPRISE! Rascal has been a busy boy, there was a dead vole out next to the back fence. The old man still has it.

I got into the packing mode for awhile this afternoon and packed up a few things. A few miscellaneous things that were just sitting around gathering dust. I figure if I at least pack one box a day then I'll have it all done before we finally have a closing on the house.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • Tough times never last, tough people do!
  • It's as cold as a brass bra in a snow bank. - Burr!!!
CAN YOU READ THIS???

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

Sometimes...
when you cry...
no one sees your tears.
Sometimes...
when you are in pain...
no one sees your hurt.
Sometimes...
when you are worried...
no one sees your stress.
Sometimes...
when you are happy...
no one sees your smile.

Toilet Repair

Because I couldn't unplug the toilet with a plunger, I had to dismantle the entire fixture, no small feat for a non- plumber. Jammed inside the drain was a purple rubber dinosaur, which belonged to my five-year-old son.

I painstakingly got all the toilet parts together again, the tank filled, and I flushed it. However, it didn't work much better than before! As I pondered what to do next, my son walked into the bathroom. I pointed to the purple dinosaur I had just dislodged and told him that the toilet still wasn't working.

"Did you get the green one, too?" he asked.

No comments: