Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday

It appears that the threat of snow is going it pass us by, but leaving us with a chance of freezing rain. I'd rather have the snow at least it is easier to deal with in removing.

Today is Lincoln's Birthday, which will be celebrated in some areas and not in others. The schools here wait until next week to celebrate "President's Day", that way they can wrap Lincoln & George Washington's birthdays all together in one day.

I've sent off my resume this morning to one of the ladies from church who runs a staffing agency. Perhaps that she can either help me figure out what would be a good fit or what other skills that I should acquire. I am looking forward to hearing back from her. I'm both excited and scared at the same time.

I've had an adventuresome morning - I spent 40 minutes clipping Miss Lilly's nails. She fought with me the entire time. No yelping or anything when I managed to clip one, but the whole idea of the clippers was freaking her out. Both she and Carla got a doggie treat after her ordeal and now she's zonked out asleep at my feet, where she will most likely stay for quite some time.

I dropped Danielle's teddy bear off on her car this morning, when I went out to pick up Sean . I even saw the stray snowflake or two, but things have warmed up since then. Danielle did give me a call to check on the bear and make sure I had left it. She was telling me that Miss Faith now knows where her nose is and will point at it when you ask her, "Where's your nose?" She also can point out the nose on other people's faces as well. She has also begun to share her food with others and will do a little "toast" when you say "cheers". She'll tap her cracker to yours. It sounds so sweet.

I also had the opportunity to speak with Ruth, from church, regarding possible employment. She has my resume and has gotten further background information - so who knows what will come of that.

Tragedy has struck this afternoon - our upright freezer is freezing no longer. I didn't find out until over half of the things in the freezer were warm. I was able to salvage a few things, but he majority had to hit the trash can. Thank goodness that the temperatures outside aren't climbing - so the smell will be down until trash pickup on Wednesday.

We had a special treat this evening, Sean made pretzels from scratch. Today was his first day of Life & Family Skills class and they made them in class too.

Walter dropped by to visit for a little while this evening as well. He had been to Patient First to check on a pain. Dr. Costa gave him a prescription that will help take care of it.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
  • If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr
CELL PHONE vs. BIBLE

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
  • What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
  • What if we flipped through it several times a day?
  • What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
  • What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
  • What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
  • What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
  • What if we used it when we traveled?
  • What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill. Makes you stop and think "where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

Cowboy Wisdom...
  1. Don't squat with your spurs on.
  2. If you find yourself in a hold, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
  3. Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
  4. If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
  5. Lettin' the cat outta' the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
  6. Generally, you ain't learnin' nothing when your jaw is a "flappin".

No comments: