Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday

Here we are the last day of another month the year is just slipping right on by. Dean got an early start on work today, so I will be heading out this morning to take Sean to school.

I can really tell that Spring is in the air or at least on the way, the small birds are almost flocking to the neighborhood. There is such a flurry of activity outside it is amazing. They serenade one another all morning long. It is so lovely to listen to. I would love to be able to capture their 'conversations', but the traffic noise seems to override their voices on tape. Tweat has been enjoying the return of other birds to the cul-de-sac, she is even 'talking' more.

Great News!! I've gotten a job! I will be working for a local dentist as his, Director of Membership Website and Product Development (this is a working title which will probably need tweaking). I begin work on Monday morning, bright an early at 7:30 a.m. I have loads to read up on and to get aquainted with before then. I want to at least have my feet wet to some extent before hitting the front door. It will be a whirlwind of activity, so lets all hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

A really special thanks goes out to Jamie for her recommendation - thanks so much! I will do my very best to live up to the level that is necessary.

I have so much work to do before Monday. Lots to read, computer work to do and some various other online training to go through. If I really thought about it I would probably think horrible thoughts, but I know that it is going to go just fine.

There has been lots excitement involving my new position. Everyone in the family is extremely excited.

Walter took me out to dinner this evening, at Mi Hicendia. We had a great conversation and he told me that he is going to working 16 hours days for the foreseeable future. They have lots of work they are doing. After dinner he took me up to Rack Room shoes to get me a couple of pairs of dress work shoes.

Danielle phoned this evening and was so excited about my news. I told her about my celebration outing with Walter and she had to see the shoe. Of course, that involved taking pictures and getting them posted while we were on the phone together. She has a real thing for shoes since she can't wear them she at least get a vicarious thrill out of seeing the one that I have.

She also sent me along this surprise picture of Miss Faith standing up. She's been doing this for a whole week and Danielle finally been able to capture her in the act. She looks so proud of herself standing there all by herself.

Sean came up with the idea to get Danielle to drive him home from school. She has agreed to do this for him for the next little while at least as long as he is still getting out of school at 11:50 a.m. It is very sweet of her to do this.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: “Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” —Mark Twain

Aerobic Class

A woman's friend was encouraging her to enroll in an aerobics class. "No, absolutely not!" she exclaimed. "I already tried that once," "What happened?" her friend asked, looking puzzled. She replied "And by the time time I got the darn leotard on the classs was over!"

Bumper Sticker: It's God's job to judge the terroist. It's our job to arrange the meeting. - US Marines

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congratulations! on the new job. I know you'll do great, you always have in everything you've done.