Thursday, March 1, 2007

March Has Arrived

We have an early morning today. I will be heading out with Miss Lilly. She is off for a visit with the vet at the Richmond SPCA, so that she can have her spaying surgery. We will be picking her up this afternoon at 4 p.m. So she'll be home in time for supper and a little TLC.

I'll be leaving for the SPCA before Dean gets Sean off to school. The trip across the river was harrowing! I could hardly believe the number of vehicles on the road!! and a majority of them did not seem to understand the concept of signaling. Then there were several accidents on various locations this morning that affected either Alice or Dean.

Lilly had no trouble going into the office or leaving with the vet assistant. She actually seemed like she was going off to a party of wonderful 'new smells'. She was the first that they took back this morning so I'm pretty sure that she will be ready for pickup exactly at 4:00 p.m.

Sean came home from school today around 11:00 a.m., he was coughing terribly and he was sent to the clinic. He is also suffering from a squirmy stomach. We've tried some chicken noodle soup to help him out. As I was heading out to pick him up, I noticed that the purple finches are back in town. There were approximately 15 to 20 feasting in the front yard, that is until I opened the front door.

I've been spending the day getting the laundry all caught up and ready for the weekend as well as doing my homework for work. I've been reading a couple of marketing books as well as working on learning a new web design program XSitePro. This is an awesome program and is going to be so easy to use. It takes so much of the 'work' out of creating a website. I really am looking forward to working with it. Now to complete organizing my notes and such so that I will have them handy and I'll be all set.

Lilly did well during her surgery they said that she was a very active and fun. They all knew her name and comment that she was very sweet. She got in the car for the trip home without any trouble and slept most of the way home. She's been home for several hours now and has had a bite to eat and is back to sleep once again. I believe that she'll do fine it is just going to take some time for the anethesia to totally wear off.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: “Learn all you can, but learn to do something, or your learning will be useless and your vision will depart.” —Booker T. Washington
A Prayer

May today be all that you need it to be.
May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight and conquer all your fears.
May God manifest himself today in ways that you have never experienced.
May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged and I pray that you step into your destiny within the ministry.
I pray for peace, health, happiness and true and undying love for God.

In Jesus Name. Amen
An Italian Boy's Confession

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose woman.

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Johnny Parisi."

Yes, Father, it is.

"And who was the woman you were with?"

"I can't tell you, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation."

"Well, Johnny, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"

"I cannot say."

"Was it Teresa Volpe?"

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"I' m sorry, but I cannot name her."

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Was it Rosa Di Angelo, then?"

"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."

The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, Johnny Parisi, and I admire that. But you've sinned and must atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."

Johnny walks back to his pew, and his friend Nino slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"

"Four months vacation and five good leads."

No comments: